September 2018 International Railway Conference : ̵...
Dealing with gear noise of real industrial systems: an ...
There’s still time to use your 2018 training budgets...
ShareLab – invite yourself to VibraTec !...
Improve your skills in our October training sessions...
VibraTec – European partner for tomorrow’s cities...
Get your school year off to a good start – with some ...
ISNVH Congress in Graz Austria: June 20th – 22nd, 201...
2018 Vibratec China Activities...
Piping Vibration Training Kuala Lumpur on 16th Jul 2018...
Managing MEMs microphone calibration – MicrodB will s...
Innovate with VibraTec ! We will be at the Smart Indust...
The JASA (Journal of the Acoustical Society of America)...
Small company or multinational ? Come talk to VibraTec ...
The VibraTec Group – actively involved in training to...
VibraTec – preparing students for the real world...
VibraTec E-Noise Training in Shanghai China...
Why wait to schedule your 2018 training programs ?...
VibraTec’s training programs referenced by DataDo...
September 2018 International Railway Conference : ‘Rad-Schiene’ in Dresden
The French collaborative railway research project CERVIFER aims at accelerating Virtual Certification of Railway Systems. In this framework, computer models are used to compute the train-track interaction during the passage of switches.
From a geometrical description of a VOSSLOH switch and dynamic contact forces from measurements performed on an RATP commuter train, VIBRATEC built a multi-body model with the software VOCO, developed by IFSTTAR.
At the 16th International Railway Conference “Rad-Schiene” in Dresden, VIBRATEC specialist Martin Rissmann will present the difficulties and challenges of such models and the need of high quality measurement data.
Dealing with gear noise of real industrial systems: an overview of the difficulties and the achievements
Alexandre CARBONELLI will present the philosophy of the research led by VibraTec in the gear dynamics field at the International Gear Conference in Lyon-Villeurbanne from August 27th to 29th.
The presentation gives general feedback on the latest studies and on the position of a research engineer working in the gear dynamics field.
Between academic science and the pragmatic constraints of the engineer’s job, it is important to have a strong expertise in order to work with the correct assumptions and the appropriate tools.
The close collaboration with the Laboratory of Tribology and System Dynamics (LTDS) of the Ecole Centrale de Lyon makes it possible to invest research efforts to answer real industrial concerns.
There’s still time to use your 2018 training budgets
We’ll be holding open course sessions throughout the month of November.
- The 7th and 8th will give the opportunity to learn about “Vibration-Induced Pipework Failure”: the issues surrounding piping vibration phenomena, current screening & assessment methods, and ‘Likelihood of Failure’ (LOF) calculations, good practice regarding both pipework design and on-site troubleshooting.
- Our “Experimental Modal Analysis” course will be held on the 14th & 15th. It will present this structural characterization technique, how & when to use it – including hands-on applications.
- The 20th through 22nd will be dedicated to “Rotating Equipment Vibration Diagnosis”: the perfect occasion to learn more about rotating machines in their various forms and industrial applications. Theoretical and practical aspects will be addressed, enabling participants to identify rotating equipment vibration defaults, understand diagnosis tools and propose mitigation.
- “Rotor Dynamics” on the 23rd, as a complement to the Rotating Equipment course or on a stand-alone basis: in order to hold intelligent, pertinent discussions with suppliers – and know the ‘right’ questions to ask.
- Last but not least, the 27th, 28th and 29th will provide training on the “Resistance / stress Reliability Approach”: present an overview of the issues pertaining to reliability and product life cycles in product development, give understanding of the resistance / stress reliability approach and notions of how to apply it to product design – using case studies from our 30 years of experience.
VibraTec is a training center recognized by the French administration and French professional training funding centers.
ShareLab – invite yourself to VibraTec !
Do you wonder about the vibration or acoustic behavior of your products and think that measurements would clarify things ?
VibraTec welcomes you to our lab and gives you free access to our sensors, data acquisition systems and facilities.
One day a month, you can set up shop at one of our test benches (with or without gantry crane) or in our semi-anechoic chamber and use our large stock of equipment (microphones, accelerometers, acoustic arrays, multi-channel analyzers, recorders, etc.) An in-house expert will be on hand to get you started.
Take advantage of this opportunity: schedule the date, then just come and install your equipment, do your testing and leave with results that you can analyze back in the office.
Sign up now: our dates this fall:
- September 28th
- October 26th
- November 30th
Improve your skills in our October training sessions
The perfect occasion to upskill colleagues before the end-of-year stress:
- Acoustics will be in the spotlight from the 2nd through the 4th, for the “Acoustics of Muffler Design” program, presenting muffler design principles, experimental methods, analysis software and pressure-drop & thermal distribution calculations.
- October 10th & 11th will clarify “Signal Processing”, providing an overview of various signal processing methods applied to acoustics and vibration, characteristics and criteria to choose among the different types of treatment.
- The 16th through the 18th will give you 3 days to get the global picture concerning railway noise – vibration – reliability applied to three aspects of railway activity:
- Understanding railway noise, vibration & reliability,
- Establishing design and testing methods and procedures,
- Managing issues relating to both main lines (high-speed / freight trains) and urban conditions (subway / tramway).
VibraTec is a training center recognized by the French administration and French professional training funding centers. There are still openings for our sessions in October – why not try one out ?
VibraTec – European partner for tomorrow’s cities
Horizon 2020, the European Research & Innovation Framework Program, plays an important role in local scientific and socio-economic development. Regional information sessions are organized in order to:
- Motivate the various research and innovation actors with feedback from local experience from current Horizon 2020 participants.
- Enable discussion and networking among these actors to facilitate the development of European projects.
VibraTec has participated in collaborative projects for more than 2 decades and is well-known in the Auvergne-Rhone-Alps R&D community. At a recent information session, our Scientific Director, Christian CLERC, presented one of our current European projects: MAVICO – COnnected MAintenance using VIbration measurements.
MAVICO uses dynamic response to monitor asset condition. Its original application is for tramways.
Using “expert” algorithms, the connected autonomous sensor can optimize maintenance and prevent incidents. Tomorrow, associated digital tweens will play an important role in managing both rolling stock and infrastructure lifetime.
Get your school year off to a good start – with some professional training !
The aim of our training courses is to disseminate our knowledge and understanding of industrial vibration, acoustics, signal processing and related fields to our course delegates.
- The 11th of September will be the occasion to learn about standards and requirements regarding “Personnel Vibration Exposure” to negotiate with suppliers more effectively, improve worker / colleague protection and fully comply with applicable legislation.
- The 12th & 13th, our “Experimental Vibration Analysis” course will present the main causes of vibration problems in industry, an overview of various measurement techniques and notions of how to mitigate problems.
2 programs dedicated to the Oil & Gas industry will finish the month:
- The 12th and 13th will be dedicated to “Noise Control in the Oil & Gas Industry”, presenting basic acoustics, methodology to handle project specifications and identify noise sources and an overview of different computation and measurement methods, as well as the strategic importance of managing installation noise control.
- The 14th and 15th will address “Vibration Control in the Oil & Gas Industry”: vibration phenomena, the technical support that computation and measurements can provide, efficient technical approaches to prevent and/or solve vibration problems.
ISNVH Congress in Graz Austria: June 20th – 22nd, 2018
- The characterization and simulation using super element of structure borne noise sources and transfer paths in partnership with Renault and Valeo
- The optimization of the noise of e-machines and their supply (PWM)
Henri Saucy will be in the room to encourage him and to gather your comments and questions.
Eager to see you there.
2018 Vibratec China Activities
Started off with the NVH symposium held in Suzhou on 10 &11th May. Vibratec Head of Automotive Department Pascal Bouvet was invited by the SAE-China NVH Committee to deliver a speech at the NVH symposium. The events allow us to meet and discuss in group around the topics about vehicle NVH control technology. Hereby, we would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to the SEA-China NVH Committee for the invitation to speak for such a large scale event.
Alongside with our Chinese partner Yiduo Technologies, we organised and delivered a training on E-noise and Gearbox noise in Shanghai from 14-16th May. It was very encouraging to see more than 50 attendees from major automotive players in China. Thank you Yiduo Technologies for your support in hosting the training and made it a huge success.
Stay tuned for upcoming events !
Piping Vibration Training Kuala Lumpur on 16th Jul 2018
VIBRATEC PIPING VIBRATION TRAINING IS BACK POPULAR DEMAND !
This 1-day intensive course focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of piping vibration. We will present the theoretic foundations that provoke these phenomena and the analysis & control methods that address them. Case studies and on-site examples from Vibratec’s experience will illustrate the presentations.
Who should attend:
- Specialist engineers (HSE, mechanical, structural, piping)
- Operation support (maintenance, technology, operation)
- Project team
- Asset management consultancy
Related industries for the course:
- Oil & Gas
- Energy (gas, coal, nuclear power plants)
- Venue: Aloft Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
- Date: 16th Jul 2018 (Monday)
- Time: 9am to 5pm (registration starts at 8:30)
- Networking lunch provided
- Fee: RM 500 nett (HRDF claimable)
Early bird discount: RM 50 (register and pay before 15th Jun 2018)
Group discount: RM 50 (3 or more delegates)
This course is eligible for HRDF claims under the SBL Scheme, subject to prior application to HRDF grant by the HRDF registered employers! If you need further information and details to process the claim, please feel free to contact Mrs Teoh Chew Chin, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +603 2303 1786
Managing MEMs microphone calibration – MicrodB will share its findings at the 14th French Acoustic Congress in Le Havre from April 23rd to 27th.
VibraTec will be represented by MicrodB at the French Acoustic Congress in Le Havre to present its work on local MEMs microphone calibration and the integration of an associated filter to correct its response.
The democratization of information technologies and communication (ICTS) offers new possibilities for acoustic metrology, and more specifically methods implicating a large number of microphones. Digital MEMs sensors and embedded ARM FPGA processors provide a new solution for these situations, increasing performance while reducing implementation costs.
However, the integration of these technologies, which are not intended for metrology, requires rigorous calibration to identify and correct the intrinsic frequency response of the MEMs welded on an electronic board (PCB).
Innovate with VibraTec ! We will be at the Smart Industries event during the Global Industrie fair in Paris from 27 to 30 March
VibraTec was chosen to represent the Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region as an SME with innovative products & services (predictive maintenance, innovative sensors, digital twins, etc).
Agnès Gerphagnon and Lucille Lamotte will present the group’s latest innovations, including the LMS SoundCamera developed by MicrodB and our predictive maintenance SmartSolutions connected, autonomous sensors.
The Global Industrie fair focuses on the Industry of the Future and brings together stakeholders from the entire manufacturing ecosystem and all industry sectors. It is backed by President Macron, the French government and the Industry of the Future Alliance (AIF). From March 27th to the 30th, almost 3 thousand exhibitors will welcome over 50 thousand visitors.
The JASA (Journal of the Acoustical Society of America) chooses MicrodB as the latest Technical Area Pick in Signal Processing
The article, entitled “Instantaneous Bayesian regularization applied to real-time near-field acoustic holography”, was published on August 16th 2017. It has been chosen among all articles related to signal processing published throughout 2017.
MicrodB’s technological developments make it possible to reconstruct non-stationary acoustic sources (closing doors, rotating sources, transitory phenomena) using acoustic imagery.
The main scientific development is to have solved the inverse problem by using a Bayesian approach that significantly increases the method’s stability. The method is also enhanced to allow the reconstruction of long signals.
Small company or multinational ? Come talk to VibraTec personnel at the INSA’s Professions Day on January 31st
VibraTec is a regular participant at this annual event organized by the INSA Lyon’s Mechanical Engineering Dept.
Four VibraTec experts will be participating this year :
- Hervé GOUTAGNY, Project Manager, will share his career experience;
- Emmanuel REYNAUD, Sales & Project Manager, will compare work in an SME and work in a multinational ;
- Cyril GAUMAIN, Head of Department, will explain how R&D is integrated in SMEs ;
- Fanny QUERVILLE will be at our stand to present current openings (internships & jobs) and review student resumés.
The VibraTec Group – actively involved in training tomorrow’s technicians and engineers
“Our continuous presence at the heart of higher education creates connections with our future clients and partners.” Christian Clerc, Scientific Director.
A few employees are on Engineering & Master’s program steering committees. Some complete Engineering school’s theory classes with concrete applications implicating state-of-the-art technology.
Others teach in technical schools throughout their 2- or 3-year programs. In this context, VibraTec opened its lab to a class of 1st-year students from the IUT in St Etienne on December 14th. The students shared the daily life of technicians and talked with alums who now work at VibraTec.
These diverse contacts with the reality of industrial life are an important element of each one’s career choices.
VibraTec – preparing students for the real world
This year as usual, VibraTec visited the IUT of Saint Etienne’s Applied Physics Department, helping to bridge the gap between academic theory and the reality of the working world.
VibraTec offers students the possibility to discover various examples of what a vibration – acoustics techician’s job is: concrete case studies, measurement methods & material, professional profiles, the pertinence of knowing English, etc. This helps clarify student orientation – and gives some the desire to work at VibraTec during their training and/or afterwards !
A group of students will also visit our headquarters in December to discover our lab and exchange with our teams on their day-to-day lives.
VibraTec E-Noise Training in Shanghai China
VibraTec, through its partner YiDuo is organizing its very first customized E-Noise training in China comprising a 3-day session on “Noise from Electromagnetic Origin” to be delivered in Shanghai from 25th – 27th September 2017. This training targets management, engineers and technicians working in the field of design and application of electric machines or vibroacoustics. The intended program will cover the following topics:
- Day 1: Electrical machines (architecture, operating principle and control) with their associated power converter and control strategies;
- Day 2: Noise from electrical machines and power converters (magnetic excitations, vibrational behavior, radiated noise, important parameters);
- Day 3: Examples and questions / answers.
Practical cases including illustrations from VibraTec’s own Research & Development projects in the automotive field (powertrain, power converters and electric motor) are also part of the itinerary.
The training will be delivered by one of VibraTec’s E-Noise specialists, Sylvestre LECURU.
Why wait to schedule your 2018 training programs ?
Referenced as an official training center and registered on the DataDock platform to enable public funding for our course attendees (from French companies), VibraTec offers courses centered around industrial vibration, acoustics, signal processing and related fields targeting engineers and technicians.
The 2018 catalogue gives the schedule for our Open programs given in France.
We also organize all of our courses on demand on-site for clients worldwide who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job.
Feel free to contact our training department for more information.
VibraTec’s training programs referenced by DataDock
VibraTec has been referenced as an official French training center for many years: we are now also registered on the DataDock platform, which centralizes information concerning French training centers to facilitate funding by “OPCA” (accredited fund-collecting / funding agencies), associations in charge of funding professional training throughout workers’ careers.
Yet another sign of VibraTec’s commitment to quality in all aspects of our activity.
ShareLab - invite yourself to VibraTec !
VibraTec welcomes you to our lab and gives you free access to our sensors, data acquisition systems and facilities.