RAILWAY MAINTENANCE & DYNAMICS
Maintenance is key to all rail system operation (main lines, freight, tramway, metro).
This training program provides knowledge of rail / wheel contact and the dynamics of track / rolling stock systems, making it possible to set up conditionaland predictive maintenance regimes and optimize operation costs.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will acquire
- Present a synthetic view of the physical phenomena of wheel-rail contact pertaining to maintenance & operation
- Understand the appearance & evolution of wheel & rail defects (wear, corrugation, squat, strain)
- Present the problems associated with main lines (high-speed trains, freight) and urban applications (metro, tramway)
- Engineers & technicians implicated in maintenance, operation or management of rail systems or rolling stock
- Noise & vibration fundamentals
- Associates degree or equivalent
Duration: 2 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Defect classification, qualification & quantification
- Material resistance
- Solicitations: contact force
- Tools for operating control
- Rolling stock:
- Railway dynamics & security
- Mechanical behavior during operation
- Residual life assessment
The training session is based on case studies. A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSIONS
- 26 and 27 March 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
- 10 and 11 Dec. 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Railway Maintenance & Dynamics training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.