FINITE ELEMENT MODEL UPDATING
Classic product qualification requires prototypes, implying advanced design and costly testing. Digital simulation allows numerous tests on virtual prototypes.
Finite element modeling covers a wide variety of dynamic analyses: solid, cinematic and acoustic. Updating FEM models with experimental results makes it possible to tune them in order to perform digital testing using realistic excitations.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will acquire
- Understand how to use FE analysis to prepare tests
- Define the types of measurements to perform for model updating
- Differentiate correlation methods & tools
- Differentiate FEM tuning methods & tools based on measurement results
- Engineers & technicians implicated in EF model validation
- NVH engineers & technicians
- Working knowledge of structural dynamics
- Basic understanding of structural acoustic radiation
Duration: 2 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- General context & introduction to numeric models
- Measurement setup
- Data acquisition (FRF)
- Modal identification & validation
- Modal parameters
- Finite element modeling
- Computation in the design process
- Correlation & FEM updating tools & their limits
- Updating using a modal basis
- Updating using FRF results
- Collective hands-on work using case studies /an industrial mock-up
The training session is based on case studies. A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSIONS
- 23 and 24 Jan. 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
- 4 and 5 Sep. 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Finite element model updating training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.