NOISE FROM GEAR SYSTEMS
Gears have an important role in the mechanical and acoustic performances of the systems they are part of. Understanding gear behavior is essential for optimal design and use.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will acquire
- Understand how gear systems function
- Identify the various forces, mechanical & dynamic phenomena involved
- Understand the phenomena responsible for gear noise
- Define an experimental & numeric method to analyze a gear system’s dynamic behavior
- NVH engineers & technicians who work with gear systems
- Basic knowledge of structural acoustic radiation
- Basic knowledge of structural dynamics
Duration: 2 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Gear mesh characterization (micro- & macroscopic views, cinematics)
- Static transmission error calculation (definition, procedure, mesh stiffness)
- Demonstrations & exercises using VibraGear software
- Gear system dynamic response (whining, computation, result analysis, mitigation)
- Tooth correction optimization (structuring data, optimization method, solidity study)
- Non-linear dynamics (contact loss, clicking, grilling)
The training session is based on case studies. A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSIONS
- 4 and 5 February 2020 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
- 22 and 23 September 2020 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Noise from gear systems training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.