EXPERIMENTAL MODAL ANALYSIS
Experimental Modal Analysis-EMA consists of measurements making it possible to determine the natural vibration response of equipment &/or structures. It is an essential part of vibration diagnosis or troubleshooting. This technique also provides information to enable Finite Element Model tuning.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will learn
- Understand the pertinence of this structural characterization technique
- Explain the pertinence of EMA in vibration diagnosis
- Demonstrate the basic skills necessary to use the technique
- Analyze results, including basic interpretation
- Engineers & technicians (maintenance, testing, lab, design)
- Basic understanding of vibration issues
Duration: 2 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Reminder of basic theory regarding vibration & structural dynamics
- Presentation of mode identification methods
- Explanation of model tuning
- Establishing a measurement procedure
- Hands-on exercises using a mock-up
- Experimental mesh
- Frequency Response Functions
- Mode parameters
- Result analysis
The training session is based on case studies. A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSIONS
- 21th and 22st of May 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
- 13th and 14th of November 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Experimental Modal Analysis - EMA training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.