THE ACOUSTICS OF MUFFLER DESIGN
Acoustic analysis and testing of mufflers is required for diagnosis, design validation & quality control. Engineers involved in such matters must be familiar with basic theory and terminology as well as suitable CAD tools for analysis and procedures for testing.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will learn how to
Perform acoustic analysis and testing of mufflers required for diagnosis, design validation & quality control.
- Understand muffler design principles
- Differentiate experimental methods
- Use software for acoustic 2-port analysis (both high- and lowfrequency)
- Calculate muffler system pressure drop & thermal distribution using 2 ports
- Engineers, students & technical managers
- Companies that design, purchase or manufacture silencer systems
- Basic acoustic knowledge
- Engineering level math
Duration: 3 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Why use mufflers ?
- Presentation of sound in ducts
- Presentation of muffler basics
- Differentiation of experimental techniques
- Introduction to SIDLAB
- Introduction to sound propagation modeling
- Introduction to flow and temperature distribution modeling
- Application examples
- Hands-on exercises
A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSION
- 1st to 3th of October 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Acoustics of Muffler Design training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.