THE ACOUSTICS OF MUFFLER DESIGN
Acoustic analysis and testing of mufflers is required for diagnosis, design validation & quality control. Engineers involved in such matters must be familiar with basic theory and terminology as well as suitable CAD tools for analysis and procedures for testing.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will learn how to
- Differentiate muffler design principles
- Understand experimental methods
- Use software for acoustic 2-port analysis (both high- and low-frequency)
- Calculate muffler system pressure drop & thermal distribution using 2 ports
- Engineers & technical managers
- Companies that design, purchase or manufacture silencer systems
- Basic acoustic knowledge
- Engineering level math
Duration: 3 days
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Why use mufflers
- Sound in ducts
- Muffler basics
- Experimental techniques
- Introduction to SIDLAB
- Sound propagation modeling
- Flow and temperature distribution modeling
- Application examples
- Hands-on exercises – case studies
A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSION
- 2nd to 4th of October 2018 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Acoustics of Muffler Design training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.