A complete understanding of Rotor Dynamics is essential in rotating equipment design, making it possible to avoid costly issues in production / operation.
TRAINING PROGRAM PRESENTATION
During the course, trainees will learn how to
- Understand vibration phenomena, critical speed, unbalance response, separation margin, amplification factor, and stability margin
- Identify the important factors involving the manufacture and assembly of turbomachines
- Evaluate and/or write an API rotor dynamics report
- Ask the provider of rotor dynamic information pertinent questions
- Technicians with a solid background in mechanical engineering
- Specialist mechanical engineers
- Basic understanding of digital simulation
- Basic knowledge of structural dynamics
Duration: 1 day
TRAINING PROGRAM CONTENTS
- Presentation of vibration principles
- Introduction to the theoretical basis of rotor dynamics
- Presentation of rotor modelling
- Explanation of rotor dynamic stiffness maps
- Introduction to critical speed calculation
- Introduction to unbalance response calculation
- Introduction to stability analysis calculation
- Application to specific equipment
The training session is based on case studies. A training certificate is provided.
OPEN COURSE SESSIONS
- 28th of May 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
- 22nd of November 2019 in Ecully (Lyon, France)
This Rotor Dynamics training program can be organized on demand, on-site worldwide for clients who wish to train groups of employees together, focusing on their specific field / job function.
VibraTec has French training accreditation and is referenced with DataDock: French companies can benefit from professional training funds.